Bring your expertise in providing exceptional care.
At VNS Health, you will provide short-term recovery and rehabilitation care in the home setting and see health outcomes firsthand. You will make a meaningful difference in the lives of people who are challenged with disability. We invite you to learn about available positions.
Rehabilitation Therapy Careers
- Physical Therapists: Experts who improve mobility and strength and making the home safer for patients. In addition to working with patients on gross motor skills to improve their mobility, balance, and strength, our physical therapists specialize in identifying and eliminating fall hazards like loose carpeting and poor lighting and will also arrange for assistive equipment like chair lifts, shower chairs, and grab bars.
- Occupational Therapists: Play an important role in boosting their patient’s self-esteem. They work on the fine motor skills and coordination involved in the day-to-day activities that make lives livable. By helping people function independently, occupational therapists build a patient’s confidence and positively impact their quality of life.
- Speech-Language Pathologists: Help patients regain their language and cognition skills which includes teaching patients to swallow safely following a stroke or other neurological injury.
Keeping our patients functional in their homes and in their communities is an essential part of the care VNS Health provides for each person we serve. It’s why we have a long history of including rehabilitation therapists on our interdisciplinary teams. Our teams of high-performing therapists are both collaborative and adaptable when working together in complex situations or individually when a patient has a focused need.
Roger Herr, PT, MPA
Vice President, Regional Patient Care Services
“I enjoy helping people, seeing them make progress, and helping them improve their mindset. Some of them are very depressed because of their limitations, so I always engage with them and encourage them. I love what I do and care so much about my patients, it never feels like a hardship.”
– Khaled Eleesily, Physical Therapist
“I was drawn to home care as I believe patients achieve their goals more successfully when the work is done in their own homes. We see the whole picture—from the barriers to progress to the importance of a strong support system at home helping many patients improve faster. The home setting is modeling the future of health care and the pivotal role that speech-language pathologists play on the interdisciplinary team.”
– Katherine Gildea, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Brooklyn, New York Clinical Field Manager " Brooklyn" Multidiscipline Health Services, Health Services, Registered Nurse
- Brooklyn, New York Registered Nurse Preceptor - Brooklyn, NY Nurse, Registered Nurse
- Manhattan, New York System Administrator, Support A Business Systems Analysis, Information Technology
Sign up for job alerts
Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available.