Licensed Social Worker, Hospice Home Care - Bronx, NY
Provides social work services to patients and families in collaboration with the health care team consistent with VNS Home Care policies. Works under general supervision.
$63,800.00 - $79,800.00 Annual
- Assesses clients and/or family psychosocial status, social work needs and living conditions utilizing professional knowledge, skills of observations and interviewing skills.
- Establishes the social work component of the patient/family plan of care based on goals mutually acceptable to the client, family and significant others. Makes referrals to other community services, as necessary.
- Travels to patients’ homes and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using approved transportation options to deliver direct service to the client.
- Provides psychosocial work services to patient and/or family, including short-term individual counseling, community resource planning, and crisis intervention. Responds to emergent psychosocial patient and family needs, as requested.
- Provides advocacy to patient and/or family, e.g., assistance in obtaining entitlements and community services.
- Provides social work services in accordance with VNS Health policies, practices, procedures and Standards of Social Work Practice, which may require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and stretching to deliver patient care, as needed.
- Initiates and maintains verbal and written communication according to VNS Home Care policy, including the preparation of clinical and progress notes, to ensure optimal quality care.
- Manages social work planning for a caseload of patients prescribed by the physician and other team members from assessment to discharge. Maintains productivity sufficient to meet program goals.
- Assists the physician and other team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems.
- Participates in the development of treatment plans and revises the goals as needed. Coordinates approaches to patient and/or family care with other team members.
- Consults with and educates the patient and family regarding the treatment plan, self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources and serves as a liaison between VNS Health and other community agencies.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth, such as in-service programs.
- Transports and utilizes VNS Health designated/supplied carrying case weighing up to 30 lbs. (as needed) to and from patient homes/care facilities, VNS Health offices and other locations.
- Acts as a resource to VNS Health staff.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current registration to practice as a Licensed social worker in New York State required
- Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be required as determined by operational/regional needs.
- Master's Degree in Social Work after successfully completing a prescribed course of study at a graduate school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and the Education Dept. and who is certified or licensed by the Education Dept to practice Social Work in New York State required
- Minimum of one year of social work experience in a health care setting required
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
VNS Health is one of the nation’s largest nonprofit home and community-based health care organizations. Innovating in health care for more than 125 years, our commitment to health and well-being is what drives us—we help people live, age and heal where they feel most comfortable, in their own homes, connected to their family and community. On any given day, more than 10,000 VNS Health team members deliver compassionate care, unparalleled expertise and 24/7 solutions and resources to the more than 43,000 “neighbors” who look to us for care. Powered and informed by data analytics that are unmatched in the home and community-health industry, VNS Health offers a full range of health care services, solutions and health plans designed to simplify the health care experience and meet the diverse and complex needs of the communities and people we serve in New York and beyond.
At VNS Health, we drive and support a culture of innovation by providing team members with the tools and resources to explore innovative ideas on their own. In addition to being a healthcare services organization, we are on the… [more]Learn More
- Manhattan, New York Senior Customer Service Assistant Customer/Consumer Service, Customer Service
- Manhattan, New York Vice President, Clinical Operations Care Management
- Manhattan, New York Advanced Clinical Practice Team Supervisor - Per Diem - Rensselaer Nurse
Mission & Values
As a team member of VNS Health, you share a passion for improving the health of patients through best-in-class care in the home and the community.
At VNS Health, our priority is to create an environment where every team member feels they belong and are included.
We provide our team members a well-rounded employment experience, competitive compensation, and a robust and affordable benefits package that serves you and your family. Our Total Rewards Program at VNS Health is an investment in your health, wealth and life.