Wellness Operations and Quality Assurance Coordinator- Staten Island
Provides business and administrative support to ensure effective and efficient operations and patient care for Wellness Care Management program. Provides orientation services to clients including initial contact, introduction to service site, immediate assessments, coordination of services, advocacy, skill building and crisis intervention. Provides assessment and crisis intervention services as needed and assists management with client issues and referrals for services. Identifies, develops, coordinates and addresses quality assurance needs and standards designed to enhance operational efficiencies and services Works under close supervision.
- Obtains a list of clients with pending Functional Capacity Outcome (FCO) appointment and contacts clients to remind them of their pending appointment and to answer any questions in order to prepare the client and ensure compliance.
- Obtains and maintains daily lists of client appointments for FCO appointment and screens clients upon arrival. Checks in clients and determines if clients are able to participate in assessment or if supervisory assistance and/or review is required.
- Screens clients and assists in the assessment of their mental status and case management needs, and participates in orienting clients to service site. Provides direction to new clients and acts as greeter for current clients. Provides exemplary customer services to new and current clients.
- Conducts mental status assessments for clients and advises Wellness management of any issues that require immediate attention (e.g., client unstable, client in crisis, client unable to stay for scheduled appointment). Assists with follow up plan as needed.
- Assists clients with immediate needs and advises Wellness management of client’s current status so that referrals can be coordinated. Assists with making referrals to services as needed.
- Acts as liaison for Wellness Care Management program with outside agencies as requested.
- Maintains records and statistics in accordance with program requirements. Documents services planned and provided. Maintains written and verbal communications according to the program and VNS Home Care policy.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences, and works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team to provide a continuum of quality services to clients. Provides ongoing feedback and information to Wellness management regarding client visits, client issues and trends at site locations.
- Arranges transportation and/or accompanies participating clients on appointments at clinics, programs and offices as requested.
- Designs, administers, analyzes and reports the results of program needs assessment.
- Collaborates with Wellness management on development and coordination of quality standards and best practices in response to needs assessments, as well as internal and external audits.
- Attends in-service education programs, and other training, as required by VNS Health and funding sources. Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid driver’s license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
Bachelor's Degree preferably in HealthCare Management, Public Health, Public Administration or Human Services field, or the equivalent work experience required
Minimum of two years of experience in a mental health, healthcare or human services setting required
Knowledge of substance abuse, and familiarity with uniform case records required
Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
Understanding of HRA systems and NYC social service systems preferred
$20.98 - $26.23 Hourly
VNS Health is one of the nation’s largest nonprofit home and community-based health care organizations. Innovating in health care for more than 125 years, our commitment to health and well-being is what drives us—we help people live, age and heal where they feel most comfortable, in their own homes, connected to their family and community. On any given day, more than 10,000 VNS Health team members deliver compassionate care, unparalleled expertise and 24/7 solutions and resources to the more than 43,000 “neighbors” who look to us for care. Powered and informed by data analytics that are unmatched in the home and community-health industry, VNS Health offers a full range of health care services, solutions and health plans designed to simplify the health care experience and meet the diverse and complex needs of the communities and people we serve in New York and beyond.
Explore this Location
Get an idea of what your daily routine around the office would be likeExplore
At VNS Health, we drive and support a culture of innovation by providing team members with the tools and resources to explore innovative ideas on their own. In addition to being a healthcare services organization, we are on the… [more]Learn More
- Brooklyn, New York Clinical Field Manager " Brooklyn" Multidiscipline Health Services, Health Services, Registered Nurse
- Brooklyn, New York Registered Nurse Preceptor - Brooklyn, NY Nurse, Registered Nurse
- Manhattan, New York System Administrator, Support A Business Systems Analysis, Information Technology
Mission & Values
As a team member of VNS Health, you share a passion for improving the health of patients through best-in-class care in the home and the community.
At VNS Health, our priority is to create an environment where every team member feels they belong and are included.
We provide our team members a well-rounded employment experience, competitive compensation, and a robust and affordable benefits package that serves you and your family. Our Total Rewards Program at VNS Health is an investment in your health, wealth and life.