Physical Therapist, Full Time, Brooklyn
Provides physical therapy to VNS Home Care patients through comprehensive assessment. Develops and implements a plan of care consistent with the Agency's goals and Rehabilitation department policies and procedures. Works under general supervision.
$85,000.00 - $106,300.00 Annual
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of patients by determining patient needs, develops courses of action including treatment plan and outcomes and implements the home physical therapy care plan.
- Maintains patient records by completing all required VNS Health documentation and ensuring compliance to Agency standards and policies.
- Monitors patient progress through assessment of care provided, including need for revision to treatment plan, outcomes and discharge plan as appropriate.
- Counsels caregivers and family by providing education and consultation for related patent care issues, including referrals within and outside of VNS Health as necessary
- Assists patients with therapeutic interventions and activities of daily living, which may require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of varying body sizes and physical conditions, with and without assistance and as appropriate, instructing, demonstrating and verifying capabilities of family members and/or paraprofessionals. Ability to use and assist patient with use durable medical equipment as a component of the plan of care, including but not limited to wheelchairs, patient transfer lifts, ambulatory devices, slings, splints, orthoses, prostheses, and exercise/strengthening equipment.
- Travels to patients’ homes and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the patient.
- Transports and utilizes required technology devices (tablet), infection control materials and supplies using VNS Health designated/supplied carrying case (backpack) weighing approximately 15 – 20 lbs to and from patient homes/care facilities, VNS Health offices and therapists’ home.
- Provides care in accordance with Agency policies, practices, procedures and standards, including professional practice standards of care, which may require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, twisting, reaching, bending and stretching to deliver patient care.
- Evaluates the need for equipment by analyzing client requirements, identifying devices needed, ordering equipment and instructing patient/caregivers/family in its safe use.
- Manages assigned caseload; provides physical therapy services to patients as per plan of care.
- Assess cases for appropriateness of Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) services. Makes recommendation if appropriate.
- Participates in VNS Health meetings including but not limited to, interdisciplinary team meetings, inservices and training programs, rehab services meetings and caseload reviews.
- Serves as Coordinator of Care (COC) on selected cases, which meet criteria for PT only cases.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications:
- New York State License and current registration in Physical Therapy required
- Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from a program approved by the New York State Department of Education required
- Minimum of one year physical therapy experience or successful completion of the probationary period as a VNS Health Rehab Intern preferred
- Basic PC skills preferred
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
VNS Health is one of the nation’s largest nonprofit home and community-based health care organizations. Innovating in health care for more than 125 years, our commitment to health and well-being is what drives us—we help people live, age and heal where they feel most comfortable, in their own homes, connected to their family and community. On any given day, more than 10,000 VNS Health team members deliver compassionate care, unparalleled expertise and 24/7 solutions and resources to the more than 43,000 “neighbors” who look to us for care. Powered and informed by data analytics that are unmatched in the home and community-health industry, VNS Health offers a full range of health care services, solutions and health plans designed to simplify the health care experience and meet the diverse and complex needs of the communities and people we serve in New York and beyond.
At VNS Health, we drive and support a culture of innovation by providing team members with the tools and resources to explore innovative ideas on their own. In addition to being a healthcare services organization, we are on the… [more]Learn More
- Manhattan, New York Senior Customer Service Assistant Customer/Consumer Service, Customer Service
- Manhattan, New York Vice President, Clinical Operations Care Management
- Manhattan, New York Advanced Clinical Practice Team Supervisor - Per Diem - Rensselaer Nurse
Mission & Values
As a team member of VNS Health, you share a passion for improving the health of patients through best-in-class care in the home and the community.
At VNS Health, our priority is to create an environment where every team member feels they belong and are included.
We provide our team members a well-rounded employment experience, competitive compensation, and a robust and affordable benefits package that serves you and your family. Our Total Rewards Program at VNS Health is an investment in your health, wealth and life.